Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for a Stonemason is C$27.69
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Stonemasons?
An early career Stonemason with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$20.97 based on 14 salaries. A mid-career Stonemason with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$27.33 based on 11 salaries. An experienced Stonemason with 10-19 …Read more
What Do Stonemasons Do?
Stonemasons typically build stone structures, such as piers and walls. They also lay walkways and curbstones and build masonry for things like vats and tanks. Some also build and repair buildings from the ground up.
Some skills that are necessary are being able to mix and pour mortar and grout. They must be able to lay stone and marble, according to the requested pattern. Knowledge of hand and power tools is necessary for smoothing and polishing various surfaces, as well as drilling holes in …Read more
- Build outdoor structures using marble, stone, brick, and other materials.
- Lift and carry heavy slabs of stone, marble, and brick.
- Mix and pour cementing agents, such as mortar, concrete, and grout.
- Follow installation instructions according to a blueprint.
- Operate power equipment to cut, shape, and otherwise augment stone and marble prior to installation.