Avg. Base Salary (EUR)
The average salary for an Information Security Engineer is €58,555
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Information Security Engineers?
An early career Information Security Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €57,456 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Information Security Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €61,042 based on 7 salaries.
What Do Information Security Engineers Do?
Many large companies have employees working in a variety of office locations, job sites, and home environments (through telecommuting). Information security engineers help maintain the integrity of all data communicated and stored throughout the business enterprise. They develop and maintain protocols for the safe use, entry, transmission, and retrieval of data and software assets at a company. They work to ensure that these security protocols are flexible enough to remain user-friendly for …Read more
- Configure and set up firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Respond to network intrusions and be familiar with performing forensic investigation.
- Test new or upgraded hardware and software and implement new technologies.
- Create test plans which will allow for a proper evaluation of security issues for new hardware and software.
- Identify security solutions and implement a multi-layered defense to protect the networks.