An Architectural Designer with Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills earns an average salary of HK$390,668 per year.
Job Description for Architectural Designer
Architectural designers design such projects as buildings, urban landscapes, and parks. In some cases, designers will work as a part of a company or studio, although they can also work independently. They meet with the client to discuss the client's budget and preferences. They then consult with the landscape consultant to understand the construction site and create different concepts for the project for presentation to the client. After incorporating in client comments on concepts, architectural designers work with engineers to create a design that works within the client's budget. During construction, they provide drawings to the construction team and monitor progress to make sure it is faithful to the design. Once the project is finished, the designer must inspect the building to make sure it meets the clients' standards.Read More...
An architectural designer typically needs a college degree in architecture, as well as professional experience in the field that allows them entry into the Architect Registration Examination. They must have good technical knowledge, imagination, and creativity. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Architectural Designer Tasks
- Produce CAD drawings, renderings, layouts and color boards for specific architectural design.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts.
- Research and develop design and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Produce drawings and specifications that have been red lined by others.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with required codes and standards.