What Do Chief Technology Officer (CTO)s Do?
A chief technology officer is part of an executive team in a company. He or she leads the efforts of the technology development within the company. This is usually the highest position related to technology within a company. Leadership skills are needed, as the CTO will often lead teams of people in the information technology department.
The CTO may decide when technologies need to be updated, so it is important to stay up to date with developments in the field. It is also important to keep an…Read more
- Lead technology teams in day-to-day operations, provide key expertise, supervise the heads of departments, and set performance goals.
- Conduct technical reviews of products or solutions to compare and evaluate their applicability.
- Contribute to senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Monitor management of all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and projections of future needs.
- Define technology strategies and ensure that processes meet expectations for federal, state and community privacy and security.