An Entry-Level Development Officer in Hong Kong earns an average salary of HK$192,000 per year.
Job Description for Development Officer
Development officers are in charge of funding- and donor-related activities for their organization. They coordinate fundraising initiatives and collect current and prospective donor information. They cultivate professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; they also provide continuous support to company marketing efforts.Read More...
Most of the time, development officers must use research databases to effectively identify possible benefactors; they document all donations and analyze revenue. Development officers also manage all revenue-generating activities, plan events, and follow up with donor requests as needed. They build strategic partnerships to increase company awareness and donor network. They also represent their organization at meetings and events with donors. Corporate proposals on how to reach funding goals are also a key part of the development officer's job. They manage a portfolio of important and active donors, and keep in touch with them on a regular basis. Development officers collaborate with volunteers, create accurate financial reports for management executives, and engage in networking opportunities and association events.
A bachelor's degree is needed for this position, as is previous experience in a similar position. To effectively perform their job, development officers must be problem-solvers who work well with other departments in their company. In addition, they must be effective communicators to talk with current and future contributors. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Development Officer Tasks
- Increase the number and quality of donor prospects through individual visits, research, donor database management and networking.
- Manage portfolio prospects, using focused strategic approaches.
- Work with marketing and program staff to customize materials for successful marketing and solicitation.
- Cultivate, solicit and provide attentive stewardship for philanthropic donors.
- Manage donor events, including identifying guests and coordinating organizational support for events.
Development Officer Job Listings
Key Stats for Development Officer
Rated 2 out of 5
based on 2 votes.