The average salary for an Equity Research Associate in Hong Kong is HK$510,000.
Is Equity Research Associate your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$318k - HK$993k
HK$60k - HK$102k
HK$388k - HK$1m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Equity Research Associate
Equity research associates support senior equity analysts in the research process, generating information, ideas, and reports. They create, distribute, and update financial models, as well as generate reports on companies and other entities of interest. These associates must be able to perform analysis on market events - and other significant events - as required by senior analysts and other managers. This position occasionally involves communicating financially dense material into common langu…Read more
Equity Research Associate Tasks
- Conduct grass roots surveys of industry-specific domestic and international players.
- Analyze macroeconomic and industry data, source, and map market research to assess and describe current and long-term trends.
- Conduct/compile financial statement analysis and forecasts for use in company updates and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and deliver proprietary market research reports on specific industry for distribution to sophisticated institutional money managers.
- Conduct thorough primary and secondary research and due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls.
Explore the most common career paths for Equity Research Associate. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Equity Research Associate
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Equity Research Associate Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Equity Research Associate
An early career Equity Research Associate with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$600,000 based on 7 salaries. A mid-career Equity Research Associate with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$800,000 based on 5 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.