The average pay for an Entry-Level Equity Research Associate is HK$500,505 per year.
Job Description for Equity Research Associate
Equity research associates support senior equity analysts in the research process, generating information, ideas, and reports. They create, distribute, and update financial models, as well as generate reports on companies and other entities of interest. These associates must be able to perform analysis on market events - and other significant events - as required by senior analysts and other managers. This position occasionally involves communicating financially dense material into common language for clients, prospective clients, and other employees. Equity research associates must regularly work with clients (either directly or in providing information to colleagues), answering their questions and responding to their needs.Read More...
Employment in this position requires a strong background in finance (specifically geared toward corporate research), familiarity with index funds and trading stocks, and experience performing in-depth analyses of securities, bonds, and investment banking. A bachelor's degree in finance or a related field is generally the minimal education requirement. Research abilities are crucial to this position, as industry standards and regulations constantly change. Equity research associates must be familiar with trading language and have at least a basic understanding of foreign financial markets. Proficiency or fluency in a language other than English may be needed as well. They must have proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Excel. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Equity Research Associate Tasks
- Conduct grass roots surveys of industry-specific domestic and international players.
- Analyze macroeconomic and industry data, source, and map market research to assess and describe current and long-term trends.
- Conduct/compile financial statement analysis and forecasts for use in company updates and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and deliver proprietary market research reports on specific industry for distribution to sophisticated institutional money managers.
- Conduct thorough primary and secondary research and due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls.