The average salary for an Industrial Designer in Hong Kong is HK$257,860.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Industrial Designers Do?
Most of the time, industrial designers work in the manufacturing sector. They design products and develop concepts for products that are manufactured at factories, such as home appliances, furniture, automobiles, electronics, and toys. They use their artistic, business, and engineering talents to design various products for manufacturers.
Employers require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, engineering, or another relevant field. Commensurate work experience is …Read more
Industrial Designer Tasks
- Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children's toys.
- Create presentations and reports for new items.
- Responsible for material selection and recommendation, work through debugging issues with new items.
- Oversee projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
- Input on industrial design, aesthetic, interface and functional solutions for products.
Industrial Designer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Industrial Designers?
Skills in Product Development and Computer Aided Design (CAD) are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Design, SolidWorks and 3D Rendering.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Industrial Designers?
An early career Industrial Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$251,914 based on 12 salaries. A mid-career Industrial Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$264,027 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Industrial Designer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$355,000 based on 6 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 28 survey responses.