The average salary for an Industrial Designer is HK$245,669.
Is Industrial Designer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$39k - HK$391k
HK$20k - HK$38k
HK$39k - HK$391k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Industrial Designer
Most of the time, industrial designers work in the manufacturing sector. They design products and develop concepts for products that are manufactured at factories, such as home appliances, furniture, automobiles, electronics, and toys. They use their artistic, business, and engineering talents to design various products for manufacturers. Employers require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, engineering, or another relevant field. Commensurate work experience is …Read more
Industrial Designer Tasks
- Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children's toys.
- Create presentations and reports for new items.
- Responsible for material selection and recommendation, work through debugging issues with new items.
- Oversee projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
- Input on industrial design, aesthetic, interface and functional solutions for products.
Industrial Designer Job Listings
Popular Skills for Industrial Designer
Pay by Experience Level for Industrial Designer
An early career Industrial Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$243,159 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Industrial Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$293,375 based on 4 salaries. An experienced Industrial Designer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$320,000 based on 3 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 17 survey responses.