The average salary for a Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education in Hong Kong is HK$493,214.
Is Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$75k - HK$522k
HK$120k - HK$1m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education
Posetsecondary/higher education lecturers perform a number of tasks in postsecondary institutions. They are responsible for delivering lectures and seminars, developing and implementing teaching methods, and constructing exams and assessments. Lecturers also attend staff meetings, participate and serve on committees, grade work, and assign final grades. This line of work is mainly mental, although candidates are often required to speak in front of a crowd (typically standing) for several hours a…Read more
Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education Tasks
- Design and implement interactive workshops, structured experiences, and seminars on a variety of topics.
- Use a variety of methods traditional and using technology to communicate syllabi, assignment instructions, due dates and grades.
- Develop and revise courses and instructional materials as necessary.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students.
- Integrate new technologies in the learning process.
Explore the most common career paths for Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education Job Listings
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.