The average salary for a Lighting Designer in Hong Kong is HK$244,898.
Is Lighting Designer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$62k - HK$497k
HK$15k - HK$20k
HK$87k - HK$1m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Lighting Designer
Lighting designers are responsible for the design and implementation of lighting in architectural and construction projects. They work closely with architects, engineers, and maintenance workers to assess the projects’ lighting requirements and design an appropriate plan; this involves research, consultation with other members of the construction team, and reviewing the space's specifications to produce lighting that meets clients' expectations and industry standards. Once a design is completed,…Read more
Lighting Designer Tasks
- Make presentations and interact with customers/clients.
- Assist in the development of custom fixture designs and testing for new lighting applications.
- Translate interior designer/architect lighting concept into specification form.
- Perform computer generated calculations and illuminating renderings.
- Provide lighting specifications for interior/exterior/landscape lighting applications and create lighting schedules and all related design documentation as required.
Lighting Designer Job Listings
Popular Skills for Lighting Designer
Pay by Experience Level for Lighting Designer
An early career Lighting Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$228,000 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Lighting Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$377,869 based on 6 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
HK$70k - HK$885k
HK$19k - HK$426k
HK$185k - HK$525k
HK$290k - HK$834k
HK$16k - HK$290k
HK$21k - HK$389k
HK$12k - HK$235k
HK$30k - HK$758k
HK$22k - HK$576k
HK$42k - HK$970k