Managing Consultant in Hong Kong Salary (Hong Kong)
A Managing Consultant in Hong Kong earns an average salary of HK$811,394 per year.
Job Description for Managing Consultant
Managing consultant perform a wide variety of tasks, such as researching, collecting and analyzing data, interviewing various people in relation to their client and the client's company, presenting solutions, aiding and implementing plans and solutions, and keeping clients updated on progress.Read More...
These consultants generally work for clients on a contractual basis, and the type of clients that may use a managing consultant can range from charities to utilities to media to healthcare to retail. Managing consultants generally work with managers of various companies, but they also interview and work with company employees, as well as additional stakeholders.
The educational requirements for a managing consultant vary greatly by the consultants' area of expertise and clients' needs. A bachelor's degree in a relevant field is generally needed; clients may prefer degrees in business, finance, economics, or a related field. Depending on the company, it may also help to have a master's in business administration (M.B.A.), as well as prior experience. Other important skills include the ability to work well in teams, communicate clearly both orally and in writing, successfully research and analyze data, solve problems strategically and creatively, be flexible and understanding when it comes to clients, and to cope with challenge and pressure.
Work hours depend on the company, but managing consultants are known for putting in long hours with substantial extra work. Some companies, however, break that stereotype and offer part-time and flexible schedules. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Managing Consultant Tasks
- Direct consulting project deliverables, driving objectives and schedules and ensuring client needs are met.
- Manage delivery team personnel, providing training, guidance, and performance evaluations.
- Provide sales support, assisting with strategy development and informing sales team of client needs.
- Oversee client relationship management, assessing and guiding communication strategies and assisting with complex consultations.
- Work with leadership to review services, identifying areas for improvement and altering strategies and scope.
Managing Consultant Job Listings
Key Stats for Managing Consultant