What Do Office Clerk, Generals Do?
General office clerks are responsible for a variety of duties in an office setting, which can include answering phone calls, filing documents, and conducting data entry. Tasks can involve a certain level of both physical and mental stamina; general office clerks may be required to be on their feet or sitting in place for long hours. Performing many tasks at once or on deadline also is common. As a result, communication skills, organization, and multitasking are beneficial for general office cler…Read more
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence and prepare outgoing mail.
- Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices and checks.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities.
- Answer phones, direct calls and take messages.
- Operate office machines; photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.