What Do Physician / Doctor, General Practices Do?
The main task of a general practitioner, or general physician, is to diagnose and assist patients with routine checkups and examinations. A general physician is the first person whom patients will see when an illness or ailment is troubling them. Therefore, a physician must be able to complete a number of tasks, including collecting, recording, and maintaining patient information such as medical histories, reports, and examination results. He or she must be able to explain procedures and discuss…Read more
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.