The average salary for a Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education is HK$1,140,000.
Is Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
HK$65k - HK$9m
HK$65k - HK$9m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education
The job of a professor at the postsecondary or higher education level involves not only lecturing and teaching students in the classroom, but working with them to develop research, dissertations, or thesis-based papers as well. A professor also must be able to perform research, collect and analyze data, and examine original documents, literature, and other source material. In the classroom, a professor must be able to effectively present or guide lectures, exercises, and sometimes laboratory…Read more
Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education Tasks
- Perform research to expand knowledge by performing experiments, collecting and analyzing data, or examining original documents, literature, and other source material.
- Keep up with developments in an academic field.
- Supervise graduate students' teaching and research.
- Publish research findings.
- Prepare lectures, exercises and laboratory experiments; grade exams and papers; advise and work with students individually.
Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education
An experienced Professor, Postsecondary / Higher Education with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$1,080,000 based on 9 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of HK$1,100,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 17 survey responses.