What Do Security Guards Do?
Security guards provide low-level protection for companies and organizations which usually involves patrolling the premises, either by foot or in a company vehicle (of course, a valid driver’s license is required in order to drive company vehicles). Security guards patrol for suspicious or dangerous activity that might be detrimental to the safety of the facility or any people present. If a person at or in the facility is in violation of particular rules or policies, the guard must correct the s…Read more
- Guard and monitor premises to prevent theft, property destruction, violence or rules and safety violations.
- Perform fire prevention, safety and maintenance tasks and parking/traffic enforcement.
- Greet incoming guests and tenants, providing information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Respond to alarms and emergency situations.
- Make periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.