What Do Security Officers Do?
Security officers are responsible for maintaining the overall security of a property. Security officers use many different tactics to prevent theft, vandalism, and damage to properties. They may patrol the property in a vehicle and may maintain records of who enters or leaves the property, either at a front desk or a front gate. They may keep track of signing visitors in and out and monitor incoming deliveries. Security officers generally assist with providing guests with information and directi…Read more
- Guard and monitor premises to prevent theft, property destruction, violence or rules and safety violations.
- Perform fire prevention, safety and maintenance tasks and parking/traffic enforcement.
- Greet incoming guests and tenants, providing information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Respond to alarms and emergency situations.
- Make periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.