The average hourly pay for a Bar Tender in Ireland is €10.10.
Is Bar Tender your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
€9 - €12
€0 - €100
€19,160 - €25,782
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Bar Tender
Bar tenders play a key role in the operation of any tavern, pub, or restaurant which offers alcoholic beverages by executing these orders for guests and making beverages for servers who deliver them to guests. Bar tending is a position which incorporates aspects of customer service and an ability to think and work quickly in what can be a high-stress environment. Many outside the profession believe that a key attribute for a bar tender is an encyclopedic knowledge of drink recipes. However, gue…Read more
Bar Tender Tasks
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
Explore the most common career paths for Bar Tender. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Bar Tender Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Bar Tender
An early career Bar Tender with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €9.86 based on 32 salaries. A mid-career Bar Tender with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €10.20 based on 25 salaries. An experienced Bar Tender with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €10.84 based on 14 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of €11.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 79 survey responses.