The average pay for a Maintenance Electrician in Cork, Cork is €20.50 per hour.
The average pay for a Maintenance Electrician in Cork, Cork is €33,600 per year.
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|€27,080 - €54,932|
Job Description for Maintenance Electrician
The maintenance electrician performs most of the electrical maintenance tasks in a plant. Their key goal is to keep plant machinery and equipment in good condition by locating faulty parts by using an efficient, effective troubleshooting process. The maintenance electrician then replaces those parts that are worn and broken; if the parts are not broken, the electrician properly adjusts it to return the part or machine to working order. They also make routine inspections of equipment to assess its operating condition, performing proactive replacements and maintenance. The maintenance electrician also repairs electrical wiring and programmable logic functions in accordance with local code. A maintenance electrician moves and installs new equipment procured by the company. In the equipment movement or installation process, the electrician must understand and work from blueprints manuals, and sketches.Read More...
To perform the functions of their job, the maintenance electrician uses standard electrical repair and maintenance tools. Also, they must routinely attend safety seminars to learn about new safety regulations and how to comply with them. The maintenance electrician must subsequently use these safety practices, helping monitor the overall safety of the plant.
Due to the technical nature of the position, most maintenance electricians have at least an associate's degree in electronics. Furthermore, the maintenance electrician may need to be licensed as an electrician in compliance with local codes and regulations. (Copyright 2019 PayScale.com)
- Assemble and install electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and tools, to locate the cause of a problem.
- Test all assemblies, installations, or repairs on electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Construct and fabricate parts using power or hand tools and specifications.
- Review specifications to plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures.