The average salary for a Cardiac Surgeon in India is ₹2,528,259.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Cardiac Surgeons Do?
Cardiac surgeons are responsible for performing heart surgeries and other complex operations on patients with heart conditions. These surgeons must be organized and pay close attention to detail to facilitate surgeries, and they must work well in a team environment with other surgeons and medical professionals to complete all objectives under strict deadlines.
Cardiac surgeons must provide therapy recommendations for patients with arrhythmia and other heart illnesses and disturbances. They must…Read more
Cardiac Surgeon Tasks
- Provide operative, preoperative and critical care diagnosis, treatment and procedures for patients with pathological conditions of the chest.
- Communicate with families and patients regarding care plans and make referrals to other specialists as per the standard of care.
- Treat pathologic conditions of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, abnormalities of the great vessels, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm and pericardium.
- Treat complications of ischemic heart disease (for example, coronary artery bypass grafting), correct congenital heart disease, or treat valvular heart disease created by various causes including endocarditis.
- Provide surgical care of coronary artery disease, abnormalities of the great vessels and heart valves, congenital anomalies, tumors and diseases of the diaphragm.
Cardiac Surgeon Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Cardiac Surgeons?
Skills in Cardiology and Medicine / Surgery are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Surgery Intensive Care Unit (SICU), Surgery and Open Heart.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cardiac Surgeons?
An entry-level Cardiac Surgeon with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹2,044,630 based on 29 salaries. An early career Cardiac Surgeon with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹2,060,840 based on 94 salaries. A mid-career Cardiac Surgeon with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹3,033,911 based on 36 salaries. An experienced Cardiac Surgeon with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹3,250,000 based on 24 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of ₹8,800,000.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Cardiac Surgeon in their job title in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh earn an average of 398.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Bangalore, Karnataka (50.3% more) and Mumbai, Maharashtra (20.7% more). The lowest salaries can be found in New Delhi, Delhi (2.4% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 192 survey responses.