The average salary for a Controls Engineer with Human-Machine Interface (HMI) skills in India is ₹560,000.
Is Controls Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
₹305k - ₹880k
₹0 - ₹20k
₹305k - ₹885k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Controls Engineer
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting. Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engin…Read more
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Controls Engineer
Skills in Controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation, Engineering Design and Matlab are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include SCADA.
Pay by Experience Level for Controls Engineer
An early career Controls Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹360,000 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career Controls Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹880,000 based on 7 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
₹177k - ₹921k
₹152k - ₹986k
₹176k - ₹965k
₹179k - ₹958k
₹199k - ₹849k
₹169k - ₹802k
₹166k - ₹837k
₹311k - ₹1m
₹225k - ₹1m
₹379k - ₹1m