The average salary for an Equity Research Associate in India is ₹516,434.
Is Equity Research Associate your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
₹251k - ₹1m
₹12k - ₹489k
₹0 - ₹90k
₹257k - ₹2m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Equity Research Associate
Equity research associates support senior equity analysts in the research process, generating information, ideas, and reports. They create, distribute, and update financial models, as well as generate reports on companies and other entities of interest. These associates must be able to perform analysis on market events - and other significant events - as required by senior analysts and other managers. This position occasionally involves communicating financially dense material into common langu…Read more
Equity Research Associate Tasks
- Conduct grass roots surveys of industry-specific domestic and international players.
- Analyze macroeconomic and industry data, source, and map market research to assess and describe current and long-term trends.
- Conduct/compile financial statement analysis and forecasts for use in company updates and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and deliver proprietary market research reports on specific industry for distribution to sophisticated institutional money managers.
- Conduct thorough primary and secondary research and due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls.
Equity Research Associate Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Equity Research Associate
Skills in Financial Analysis, Valuation, Financial Modeling and Research Analysis are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Microsoft Excel.
Pay by Experience Level for Equity Research Associate
An entry-level Equity Research Associate with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹513,250 based on 48 salaries. An early career Equity Research Associate with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹589,581 based on 61 salaries. A mid-career Equity Research Associate with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹1,000,000 based on 13 salaries. An experienced Equity Research Associate with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹325,000 based on 6 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Equity Research Associate in their job title in Bangalore, Karnataka earn an average of 16.2% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Mumbai, Maharashtra (12.3% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (12.9% less), Gurgaon, Haryana (3.2% less) and Chennai, Tamil Nadu (3.2% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 128 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
₹219k - ₹993k
₹194k - ₹844k
₹363k - ₹2m
₹287k - ₹1m
₹122k - ₹508k
₹169k - ₹802k
₹152k - ₹986k
₹197k - ₹912k
₹291k - ₹1m
₹181k - ₹723k