Avg. Base Salary (INR)
The average salary for a Lead Software Engineer is ₹1,322,966
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lead Software Engineers?
A mid-career Lead Software Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹1,178,332 based on 15 salaries. An experienced Lead Software Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹1,393,125 based on 11 salaries.
What Do Lead Software Engineers Do?
A lead software engineer holds many responsibilities, primarily developing and testing software programs. Responsibilities for a lead software engineer can vary vastly depending on the company, department, and infrastructure of the employer. They are employed in a variety of sectors, including not only software companies, but also in health care, insurance, retail, and many other industries. Lead software engineers can expect to be involved in design planning, scheduling release dates, …Read more
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment.
- Create detailed software development plans and assign tasks to team members.
- Scope development effort, and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates.
- Coach and mentor development staff.
- Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.