Avg. Base Salary (INR)
The average salary for a Patent Agent is ₹453,164
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Patent Agents?
An entry-level Patent Agent with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹404,137 based on 10 salaries. An early career Patent Agent with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹415,584 based on 41 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Patent Agents Do?
Inventors looking to obtain protection for their innovations employ patent practitioners, otherwise known as patent agents, for assistance with the patent application process. Certified by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), patent agents help prospective inventors navigate the complex requirements of patent application.
Patent agents help prospective inventors with every step of the application process, which typically starts with the agents researching the invention or process …Read more
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Respond to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) actions.
- Draft and prosecute patent application for invention.
- Interview clients and conduct research to understand invention.