Avg. Base Salary (INR)
The average salary for a Senior Test Engineer is ₹714,763
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Test Engineers?
An early career Senior Test Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹590,842 based on 569 salaries. A mid-career Senior Test Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹782,781 based on 1,196 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Senior Test Engineers Do?
Senior test engineers generally work with computer software and hardware. These engineers test and create programs for a company for their own internal programs or usage or for third party/public usage. Senior test engineers generally work with and/or oversee a dedicated team of test engineers or developers, and they work with them to suss out and address any issues that might arise in a given system or program. Because they often lead teams, they must have excellent communication skills and …Read more
- Develop test plans and design hardware/software to execute those tests.
- Provide technical expertise and design input to other teams.
- Create, update, and communicate required documentation.
- Verify and validate new tests, test systems and solutions.
- Perform automated and manual tests, interpret results and de-bug.