The average salary for a Transmission-Line Engineer in India is Rs 375,000.
MEDIAN Rs 375,000
Is Transmission-Line Engineer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
Rs 187k - Rs 1m
Rs 5k - Rs 200k
Rs 204k - Rs 1m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Transmission-Line Engineer
A transmission-line engineer’s job is to manage transmission line projects and to design structures or configurations that transfer electrical energy from one point to another. Employers require that candidates have a bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering or another relevant fields. Master's degrees and research experience in relevant fields would be a pluses. Transmission-line engineers are often required to have various certifications. They must utilize Nationa…Read more
Transmission-Line Engineer Tasks
- Design transmission lines in specific kV range.
- Model transmission lines in PLS-CADD, determine right of way requirements, calculate conductor sags, and develop transmission line plan and profile drawings.
- Utilize National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and other applicable industry codes for transmission line design.
- Design transmission line components and spotting.
- Develop cost estimates and schedules and prepare specifications for the procurement of transmission line materials and construction.
Explore the most common career paths for Transmission-Line Engineer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Transmission-Line Engineer Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Transmission-Line Engineer
An early career Transmission-Line Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of Rs 300,560 based on 13 salaries. An experienced Transmission-Line Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of Rs 650,000 based on 6 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 19 survey responses.