Avg. Base Salary (INR)
The average salary for an Urban and Regional Planner is ₹508,682
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Urban and Regional Planners?
An early career Urban and Regional Planner with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹430,000 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Urban and Regional Planner with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹600,000 based on 6 salaries.
What Do Urban and Regional Planners Do?
An urban regional planner works in the urban planning field. They create plans for the purpose of optimizing efficiency and effectiveness of a community’s land and infrastructure. For example, some urban planners focus on zoning and land use requirements, while others focus on sidewalk design and streetlight installation to optimize traffic flow. Other areas of emphasis include transportation systems (e.g., railways), urban development, and environmental reclamation.
Urban planners are …Read more
- Develop long and short term plans for land use, growth, maintenance, and revitalization.
- Monitor relevant legislation and ensure compliance of all projects with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist and make recommendations on funding allocations for programs or transportation projects.
- Develop, design, and implement studies on transportation, air quality, housing, and population, and analyze and report on results.
- Address social, economic, environmental, and health problems by making recommendations location improvements or zoning regulations.