Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Rome Salary (Italy)
A Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Rome earns an average salary of €40,963 per year.
|Salary||€9,731 - €88,769|
|Bonus||€1,007 - €9,933|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|€9,804 - €97,871|
Job Description for Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
A chief technology officer is part of an executive team in a company. He or she leads the efforts of the technology development within the company. This is usually the highest position related to technology within a company. Leadership skills are needed, as the CTO will often lead teams of people in the information technology department.Read More...
The CTO may decide when technologies need to be updated, so it is important to stay up to date with developments in the field. It is also important to keep an eye on the competition, in order to stay a step ahead. An abundance of research will be carried out by the CTO, and reports will be generated. That way, decisions can be made by the executive team. The CTO will generate a vision for the company and a plan to achieve it in the future. It is important to harness the best technology available to provide a good experience for the end user and to make employees’ work more efficient.
Since this is a senior position in a company, it is usually necessary to have many years of experience in a position relating to information technology. Since the job involves many duties, it is important to be self-motivated and to be able to problem-solve, multitask, and work well under pressure. The CTO may have a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate’s degree in a field such as information technology, computer programming, or another computer science. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Tasks
- Lead technology teams in day-to-day operations, provide key expertise, supervise the heads of departments, and set performance goals.
- Conduct technical reviews of products or solutions to compare and evaluate their applicability.
- Contribute to senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Monitor management of all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and projections of future needs.
- Define technology strategies and ensure that processes meet expectations for federal, state and community privacy and security.