Avg. Base Salary (MYR)
The average salary for a Product Development Engineer is RM 40,800
What Do Product Development Engineers Do?
Product development engineers are responsible for managing design, prototyping, and testing a product's development. These engineers assess the mechanical design properties of the product and determine if it has met the desired standards and functionality.
Product development engineers must conceptualize ideas, design those ideas in a 3-D modeling program, and specify accurate design properties. They must also be able to plan the steps of going from conceptualization to final product. Before …Read more
- Design, develop, and test processes for producing prototypes and long-term production of products.
- Define quality control criteria and safety guidelines.
- Test products and processes and evaluate results to identify problems and estimate cost of resolutions.
- Produce detailed designs and/or CAD drawings, acting as technical expert on products and processes.
- Analyze and improve existing processes and products, including updating documentation.
FAQs About Product Development Engineers
What is the highest pay for Product Development Engineers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Product Development Engineer is MYRNaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Product Development Engineers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Product Development Engineer is MYRNaN / year
How can Product Development Engineers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Product Development Engineer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Product Development Engineer that oversees more junior Product Development Engineers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.