The average salary for a Fashion Designer in Netherlands is €38,411.
Is Fashion Designer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
€26k - €64k
€0 - €2k
€25k - €55k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fashion Designer
A fashion designer creates designs for items like clothing, shoes, and accessories. Prior to creating a prototype, the designer will create a sketch of the clothing. Usually, this clothing concept will then be presented to management, who will approve the clothing so that a prototype can be created. The fashion designer will often be expected to have sewing skills, in order to create the first clothing example. When the design is handed over to a factory or other clothing producer, the designer …Read more
Fashion Designer Tasks
- Draw patterns and specifications for articles of clothing, determining factors such as design, colors, materials, and methods of production.
- Promote designs by displaying samples of clothing at sales meetings and fashion shows.
- Follow fashion trends by researching customer preferences, attending fashion shows, and reading fashion publications.
- Develop design ideas based on targeted demographic and preferences of management or clients.
- Supervise assistants creating patterns and producing samples of articles of clothing.
Fashion Designer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Fashion Designer
Skills in Adobe Illustrator, Design and Adobe Photoshop are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Patternmaking.
Pay by Experience Level for Fashion Designer
An early career Fashion Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €34,981 based on 15 salaries. A mid-career Fashion Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €38,411 based on 16 salaries. An experienced Fashion Designer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €45,000 based on 9 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 40 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
€24k - €46k
€30k - €66k
€32k - €66k
€22k - €62k
€21k - €58k
€22k - €44k
€15k - €28k
€18k - €58k
€20k - €39k
€28k - €59k