What Do Quantitative Analysts Do?
Quantitative analysts are tasked with devising strategies for maximum efficiency when it comes to trading stock. They work closely with other mathematical professionals to continuously improve trading protocols and strategies, and must combine all the skills they've learned in school, including mathematics, finance, and computer skills, to maximize the profits of their business.
Quantitative analysts create and edit analytical models, work closely with financial staff, research the best tools t…Read more
- Research and analyze market statistics to develop, test, validate, execute, and maintain analytical software programs and quantitative models.
- Perform risk analytics, loan pricing, and default risk modeling.
- Design tests and experiments to collect data and test new models and programs.
- Query, consolidate, and present data to senior management.
- Assist in the construction and execution of portfolio management.