Avg. Base Salary (EUR)
The average salary for a Senior Accountant is €50,445
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Accountants?
An early career Senior Accountant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €40,695 based on 14 salaries. A mid-career Senior Accountant with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €52,428 based on 35 salaries. An experienced Senior …Read more
What Do Senior Accountants Do?
Senior accountants are the lead "numbers" people in any company with an accounting division. They are responsible for keeping a company financially organized. They must be talented in mathematics and organized so as not to miss any financial information. Even missing one number in the thousands of numbers they see every year can completely change the standing and decisions of their company executives. So, it is imperative that they be accurate. Senior accountants also will often manage …Read more
- Maintain general ledger as needed.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management.
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts.
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Investigate budget and variance issues.