The average salary for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Norway is $765,000.
Is Chief Technology Officer (CTO) your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$426k - $2m
$50k - $225k
$0 - $227k
$426k - $2m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
A chief technology officer is part of an executive team in a company. He or she leads the efforts of the technology development within the company. This is usually the highest position related to technology within a company. Leadership skills are needed, as the CTO will often lead teams of people in the information technology department. The CTO may decide when technologies need to be updated, so it is important to stay up to date with developments in the field. It is also important to keep an…Read more
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Tasks
- Lead technology teams in day-to-day operations, provide key expertise, supervise the heads of departments, and set performance goals.
- Conduct technical reviews of products or solutions to compare and evaluate their applicability.
- Contribute to senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Monitor management of all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and projections of future needs.
- Define technology strategies and ensure that processes meet expectations for federal, state and community privacy and security.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Skills in Leadership and Product Development are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include IT Management and Software Development.
Pay by Experience Level for Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
A mid-career Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $624,306 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $1,320,125 based on 10 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $1,185,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 25 survey responses.