Avg. Base Hourly Rate (NZD)
The average hourly pay for an Engineer, Hydraulic is NZ$28.84
What Do Engineer, Hydraulics Do?
A hydraulic engineer is a specialized civil engineer who works with issues concerning the flow of water and other liquids. They are employed primarily to work on bridges and dams and at hydraulic power plants, and there are also mechanical engineering applications, including heavy machinery, cooling systems, and turbines, which require their expertise. They are also important to environmental management and city-planning needs.
Generally, those in this position are concerned with analyzing and …Read more
- Design and test hydraulic systems, their controls and associated products.
- Identify, analyze and suggest strategies to resolve problems and concerns.
- Establish timelines, schedules and materials needs to deliver projects.
- Document specifications and feasibility, including site-specific and integrated components.
- Design, develop, oversee execution, test and confirm performance for hydraulic projects.