Avg. Base Hourly Rate (NZD)
The average hourly pay for a Handyman is NZ$28.75
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Handymen?
An early career Handyman with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of NZ$25.60 based on 25 salaries. A mid-career Handyman with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of NZ$27.50 based on 12 salaries. An experienced Handyman with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Handymen Do?
There are perhaps few other jobs as varied and demanding as that of a handyman. This line of work requires not only a vast scope of building skills, such as carpentry, wood repair and general remodeling; it also entails a variety of other specialty knowledge, including basic plumbing, appliance repair and even electrical maintenance. In fact, when a handyman is hired, he or she is expected to be able to come to a job ready to tackle a plethora of fix-it projects.
By its very nature, the job …Read more
- Inspect and plan upgrades and minor building projects, including drywall, roofs, and woodwork.
- Respond to emergencies quickly.
- Clean up after work to ensure a tidy and safe environment.
- Perform ongoing maintenance, including painting, power washing, and cosmetic upgrades.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and plumbing problems.