An Information Technology Specialist in San Juan earns an average wage of $11.26 per hour. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years' experience in this field.
Job Description for Information Technology Specialist
Information technology specialists work closely with a variety of technology products, from their design to regular repair and upkeep. They generally provide their services as-needed for their companies regarding software, hardware, and databases and, depending on a specialist's skill, he/she may also create entire databases and programs for either individual or corporate needs.Read More...
It is not uncommon for these specialists to train other employees in information technology (IT), such as corporate employees who must understand the ins and outs of their company’s data entry system. Information technology specialists are always learning, as technology is constantly changing and advancing at remarkable rates.
Some IT specialists only have certifications in various aspects of information technology, while others have college degrees. Educational requirements often depend on the employer, and some corporations prefer candidates who are educated at a graduate level. Valuable majors for aspiring IT specialists include computer science, engineering, and mathematics. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Information Technology Specialist Tasks
- Maintain, manage, troubleshoot and upgrade computer systems and servers for performance and security related issues.
- Provide end-user support for a variety of web applications.
- Troubleshoot information technology-related issues for both hardware and software.
- Coordinate the set-up of data services, as well as phone, computer, and printer installation.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and maintenance of all information technology products.