The average salary for a Senior Accountant is $40,000.
Is Senior Accountant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$35k - $55k
$1k - $3k
$34k - $70k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Senior Accountant
Senior accountants are the lead "numbers" people in any company with an accounting division. They are responsible for keeping a company financially organized. They must be talented in mathematics and organized so as not to miss any financial information. Even missing one number in the thousands of numbers they see every year can completely change the standing and decisions of their company executives. So, it is imperative that they be accurate. Senior accountants also will often manage team…Read more
Senior Accountant Tasks
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Investigate budget and variance issues.
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts.
- Maintain general ledger as needed.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management.
Senior Accountant Job Listings
Popular Skills for Senior Accountant
Skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word are correlated to pay that is above average.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$23k - $42k
$30k - $77k
$27k - $61k
$40k - $90k
$24k - $55k
$0 - $23k
$20k - $123k
$32k - $73k
$28k - $45k