Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Building Inspector is £35,493
What Do Building Inspectors Do?
A building inspector plays a key role in the proper construction of buildings and ongoing maintenance of safe occupancy of these structures; most building inspectors are hired by contracting or engineering companies to accomplish these goals. There are also private consulting inspection firms which contract their services to smaller operations in the construction or maintenance fields. State and local authorities also use building inspectors to sign-off on new structures or remodeled buildings …Read more
- Visit sites and conduct interior and exterior inspections.
- Approve final inspection certificates.
- Identify changes in plans or construction that affect codes and communicate the situation.
- Document and report on code violations and poor compliance, including suggestions for bringing sites up to code.
- Interpret and understand building codes, convey necessary information in documentation, and verbally.
FAQs About Building Inspectors
What is the highest pay for Building Inspectors in London?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Building Inspector in London is £NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Building Inspectors in London?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Building Inspector in London is £NaN / year
How can Building Inspectors increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Building Inspector is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Building Inspector that oversees more junior Building Inspectors, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.