Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Chairman of the Board is £95,000
What Do Chairman of the Boards Do?
A chairman of the board is a senior executive who is often responsible for the overall performance of a company and leads as the highest-ranking officer of the board of directors.
Chairmen lead their boards by scheduling and directing meetings. Understanding the company and its ultimate goal is crucial to success, as the board pursues all avenues of the company's activities. Leadership is absolutely essential in this position in order to lead employees and develop boards into highly successful …Read more
- Develop goals and objectives for regulatory, governance, outreach, recruitment and budgetary decisions.
- Coordinate annual performance review of executive staff.
- Identify and build relationships with key figures, acting as ambassador for the organization.
- Ensure that organization complies with relevant laws and governance protocols.
- Preside over Board meetings and guide decision-making and policy development.