Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is £106,963
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Chief Technology Officer (CTO)s?
An early career Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £82,723 based on 24 salaries. A mid-career Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £80,000 based on 32 salaries. …Read more
What Do Chief Technology Officer (CTO)s Do?
A chief technology officer is part of an executive team in a company. He or she leads the efforts of the technology development within the company. This is usually the highest position related to technology within a company. Leadership skills are needed, as the CTO will often lead teams of people in the information technology department.
The CTO may decide when technologies need to be updated, so it is important to stay up to date with developments in the field. It is also important to keep …Read more
- Lead technology teams in day-to-day operations, provide key expertise, supervise the heads of departments, and set performance goals.
- Conduct technical reviews of products or solutions to compare and evaluate their applicability.
- Contribute to senior management team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Monitor management of all hardware, software, databases and licenses, maintenance, and projections of future needs.
- Define technology strategies and ensure that processes meet expectations for federal, state and community privacy and security.