Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for an Electrical Estimator is £32,192
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Electrical Estimators?
An early career Electrical Estimator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £28,841 based on 54 salaries. A mid-career Electrical Estimator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £38,490 based on 37 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Electrical Estimators Do?
An electrical estimator works closely with the senior estimating staff to provide electrical estimates. They collect and analyze quotes from suppliers and subcontractors during the bidding process to obtain the complete bid package pricing and qualification information. It is also their job to generate costs estimates, and identify possible deficiencies in bid documents during the pre-bid process.
It is the electrical estimator that ensures that the bids process is going smoothly and that it …Read more
- Examine proposals, blueprints, and specifications to determine the kind and time period of work necessary for a project.
- Prepare material orders and other documentation.
- Visit job sites to assess progress, maintain logs, troubleshoot problems, and evaluate work.
- Create project plans from estimates, and define tasks, schedules, and necessary personnel.
- Confer with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers, and negotiate and use local expertise to estimate costs.