Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for an Investment Banker is £61,106
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Investment Bankers?
An entry-level Investment Banker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £41,116 based on 9 salaries. An early career Investment Banker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £50,868 based on 24 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Investment Bankers Do?
When companies, organizations, or government entities need to raise capital, one of the best ways to do so is to turn to the services of an investment banker. Investment bankers are the highly skilled professionals at financial institutions who examine an entity's financial health, capital needs, and goals. Then they recommend a strategy to improve or manifest them. The investment banker then acts as a go-between for the organization looking to raise money and those looking to make financial …Read more
- Assist companies, organizations, governments and their agencies in raising public or private money through debt and/or equity.
- Construct fully integrated, detailed financial models to support Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) transactions and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) communications.
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies such as trading and transaction comparisons (comps), discounted cash flow and leveraged buyout (LBOs).
- Conduct industry and company research to engage clients and develop new business.
- Participate and manage all stages of the transaction process from opening pitch to closing investment contract(s).
FAQs About Investment Bankers
What is the highest pay for Investment Bankers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an Investment Banker is £119k / year
What is the lowest pay for Investment Bankers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an Investment Banker is £31k / year
How can Investment Bankers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an Investment Banker is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an Investment Banker that oversees more junior Investment Bankers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.