Avg. Base Hourly Rate (GBP)
The average hourly pay for a Machinist is £11.97
What Do Machinists Do?
Machinists make parts and sometimes their own tools in order to build or create larger things. Machinists are often in a factory or manufacturing setting, but not always. Manufacturing experience is important. The Machinist must be capable of working with a variety of tools in sometimes inhospitable conditions. Tools of the trade may include hand tools, cutting tools, measuring tools and machine tools. Machinists must be capable of making their own tools and parts. They also need to be …Read more
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Operate various types of machine tools to perform progressive machining.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls as necessary.
FAQs About Machinists
What is the highest pay for Machinists in Stoke-on-Trent?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Machinist in Stoke-on-Trent is £NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Machinists in Stoke-on-Trent?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Machinist in Stoke-on-Trent is £NaN / hour
How can Machinists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Machinist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Machinist that oversees more junior Machinists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.