Avg. Base Hourly Rate (GBP)
The average hourly pay for a Master Carpenter is £18.30
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Master Carpenters?
An experienced Master Carpenter with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £13.36 based on 14 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of £19.
What Do Master Carpenters Do?
Master carpenters provide a variety of skilled carpentry services for their employer(s). They are involved in all aspects of woodworking, including initial construction, finished construction, and repair work. These carpenters use their wood-working expertise in a variety of construction and remodeling tasks, as well as build frames for houses and roofs. Master carpenters also construct other wooden buildings (such as cabins or sheds) and provide framing for the installation of drywall, kitchen …Read more
- Leads complex carpentry work on buildings, framings, furniture, cabinetry and other wooden items, often supervising work of several subordinates.
- Operates tools: planer, shaper, jointer, lathe, drill press, mortising, boring, tenoning machines, jig saws, rip saws and cut-off saws.
- Trains an apprentice or other subordinates.
- Repairs furniture and other wooden items; sands and refinishes.
- Estimates cost and efficiency of job related tasks.