Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for an Occupational Therapist (OT) is £25,684
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Occupational Therapist (OT)s?
An early career Occupational Therapist (OT) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £24,927 based on 22 salaries. An experienced Occupational Therapist (OT) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £29,596 based on 5 salaries.
What Do Occupational Therapist (OT)s Do?
An occupational therapist helps people gain better functioning of their bodies so that daily activities can be performed better. The occupational therapist will perform an evaluation of a patient’s abilities. Then goals can be planned, according to the needs and wants of the client and the client’s family. The goals may be modified over time, according to the patient’s progress. It is important to evaluate each patient differently and to provide continuous progress evaluations.
The …Read more
- Consult with rehabilitation team to select activity programs and coordinate with other therapeutic activities.
- Help clients improve decision making, abstract reasoning, memory, sequencing, coordination and perceptual skills using computer programs.
- Select and recommend activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills consistent with their needs and capabilities.
- Record prognosis, treatment, response and progress in patient's chart or computer database.
- Help clients improve decision making, abstract reasoning, memory, sequencing, coordination and perceptual skills using computer programs