The average salary for a Quantitative Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland: Edinburgh is £40,500.
Is Quantitative Analyst your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
£0 - £41k
£0 - £52k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Quantitative Analyst
Quantitative analysts are tasked with devising strategies for maximum efficiency when it comes to trading stock. They work closely with other mathematical professionals to continuously improve trading protocols and strategies, and must combine all the skills they've learned in school, including mathematics, finance, and computer skills, to maximize the profits of their business. Quantitative analysts create and edit analytical models, work closely with financial staff, research the best tools t…Read more
Quantitative Analyst Tasks
- Research and analyze market statistics to develop, test, validate, execute, and maintain analytical software programs and quantitative models.
- Perform risk analytics, loan pricing, and default risk modeling.
- Design tests and experiments to collect data and test new models and programs.
- Query, consolidate, and present data to senior management.
- Assist in the construction and execution of portfolio management.
Explore the most common career paths for Quantitative Analyst. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Quantitative Analyst Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Related Job Salaries
£19k - £40k
£25k - £59k
£22k - £49k
£26k - £60k
£36k - £74k
£25k - £60k
£24k - £44k
£15k - £25k
£21k - £50k