Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) is $90,500
What Do Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP)s Do?
The main job of a adult nurse practitioner is to provide healthcare to individuals over the age of 21. One usually works with a supervisor and medical staff.
As a adult nurse practitioner, one is required to perform the following duties on a day-to-day basis: delivering cost-effective healthcare to patients, consulting with physicians in order to provide special care to both acute and chronic conditions, assessing a patient and determining what sort of documents and testing they need, …Read more
- Perform physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of the physician.
- Record physical findings, and formulate plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
- Prescribe medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Collaborate with the physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.