Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Assistant Preschool Teacher is $10.80
What Do Assistant Preschool Teachers Do?
Assistant preschool teachers help head preschool teachers in carrying out classroom activities. These assistants may teach some lessons and help the children to grasp the concepts, and some children may need one-on-one attention for the best comprehension. It's important to be able to teach children not only academic skills, but also their social, physical, and self care skills.
Assistant preschool teachers participate in classroom activities such as academic learning, arts and crafts, …Read more
- Assist teacher with preparation and facilitation of daily activities, such as games, crafts, and field trips.
- Asses children's emotional and developmental needs through evaluation and parent-teacher conferences.
- Attend to children's basic needs, such as toileting, feeding, and maintaining nap schedules.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom.
- Ensure supervision of children and enforce school policy.