Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Assistant Research Scientist is $34,392
What Do Assistant Research Scientists Do?
An assistant research scientist is a member of a research team who performs many of tasks in the research process. Like the rest of the research team, the assistant research scientist must follow the scientific method. They begin by clearly identify a problem or hypothesis. Next, the assistant research scientist works with the team to formulate a testable hypothesis. After a hypothesis is formulated, the assistant research scientist helps up experiments to gather data to support or reject the …Read more
- Develop, manage and analyze large-scale collection of data.
- Write scholarly and technical papers regarding research.
- Conduct and contribute to research projects.
- Order and manage lab inventory, materials and equipment.
- Know a variety of methods to collect and analyze data.