Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Associate Buyer is $59,007 in 2024
What Do Associate Buyers Do?
An associate buyer is part of the supply chain and logistics department. Their primary responsibility is to purchase a large variety of products and services for the organization, achieving the highest quality at the lowest pricing. An associate buyer is responsible for negotiating deals with suppliers, as well as identifying cost-reduction opportunities, communicating them to management, and working with suppliers to realize those savings. The day-to-day responsibilities of an associate buyer …Read more
- Develop, acquire, and expand merchandise and merchandise categories, preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Present competitive data and profitability recommendations to senior management to develop merchandising plans.
- Manage vendors, suppliers, and agents, obtaining quotes, ensuring deliveries, and resolving external issues.
- Track, analyze, and improve sales and margins to achieve business objectives.
- Conduct competitor and consumer research to identify trends, consumer needs, and growth opportunities.
FAQs About Associate Buyers
What is the highest pay for Associate Buyers in Minneapolis?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an Associate Buyer in Minneapolis is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Associate Buyers in Minneapolis?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an Associate Buyer in Minneapolis is $NaN / year
How can Associate Buyers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an Associate Buyer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an Associate Buyer that oversees more junior Associate Buyers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.