Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Associate Research Scientist is $74,470
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Associate Research Scientists?
An early career Associate Research Scientist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $70,000 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Associate Research Scientist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $72,877 based on 5 salaries.
What Do Associate Research Scientists Do?
An associate research scientist helps design and implement research projects, which includes analyzing information for those projects. They may perform different laboratory tests and analyze project information; the research may include medical testing with laboratory equipment. These scientists help store project data and must be good at organizing the data and information that is part of the research. They also need to be able to communicate about results and data with other supervisors and …Read more
- Follow experimental protocols and document results.
- Create standard operating procedures and other documentation.
- Supervise interns, students, or junior staff members.
- Maintain laboratory space and equipment, including basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Analyze data and present findings in team meetings.